Saturday 10 March 2007

Testimony of faith

Pastor Mark and some of our brethren at Bethel

I was born into sin and my childhood was poor to say the least, my mother and my father were both heavy drinkers and violent on occasions which i have blocked from my memory. As i was born a sinner i new only sin and became violent myself, and yes a drinker, however i came to know Jesus as my saviour in the sixties and became a Methodist Lay-Preacher. Sadly after a couple of years i became a backslider and turned away from God. Many years later in 2006 i met our good friend Mark who came to our house to fix my computer, we got talking and he told us he was a Pastor of a Baptist church, and asked us if we would like to visit, we did and i discovered that through the love of my Lord that although i had backsliden i had not lost my salvation and not only this but we have gained wonderful brothers and sisters in the faith, and also the kindest, warmest friends also,who we have come to know and love through our Lord Jesus Christ all glory be to the Father on high... Amen




No comments: