Saturday 5 May 2007

An Unseen Trap

This morning i went outside into the back garden, and for the third time this week i walked into an unseen spiders web. And a thought came to me, satan's traps along the way are like this web, unseen until we walk right into them; temptations take on many forms and sometimes we would be vulnerable to fall into the traps. Anyway as i wiped the web from me it reminded me to neither look to the left or the right, but to keep my eyes upon the cross and to trust only on the Lord Jesus Christ and his promise to be with us always even to the end of the world.

As a bible believing Christian i give thanks and glory to my God for His word and my salvation through His son our Lord Jesus Christ for being my saviour and protector in times when the devil tries to trap us. As we know Satan tried to tempt our Lord in the desert with many things at a time when the devil thought Jesus was weak and vulnerable, and that seems to be when he attacks us as Christians; but like Jesus we can turn these attacks into victories for the Lord by saying get thee hence in the name of our Lord Jesus.....Amen.

The saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Though shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt though serve. Matthew 4-10

Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. Matthew 4-11

No comments: