Sunday 6 May 2007

The Good Root


My wife Pat likes to work in the garden, "Is'nt the garden flourishing well this year", she said. And i looked and agreed and said aye it is. Pat reckons that if a plant as a strong root, good soil, and T.L.C then you will get good results. It reminded me of what Jesus said about the vine,
I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in me, and i in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15-5
It is true of us as Christians, when we ask Jesus into our hearts and truly repent we become a good strong root, and as we learn about Him and the Father our roots become strong stems, and when we do good works wether through prayer or preaching, staying faithful and loyal to our Lord; then we flourish and give forth good fruits in His name....Amen

2 comments:

Three Sisters Blog said...

That is a pretty picture.
Tell Pat we said "Hi" :)

The Good Reporters said...

This is really good. Thanks for posting it.